Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Back At It... Again

I really need to stop having to re-train.  I know this last time wasn't completely my fault, well intentionally at least, but I'm sick of having to retrain and start at practically nothing again.  Luckily I managed to stay in shape a little bit with my time of the elliptical and workouts at home with Sworkit.

Of course, when I should have been getting back on the road, I ended up going on vacation back home in California.  So I had to deal with hills... lots of hills.  I did manage to get one short but decent run in and was rewarded with a pretty spectacular sunrise.


I finally adjusted back to east coast time this morning and managed to get back out on a run.  I really planned to do a 5k max because I didn't know how I was going to feel, I had a healing ankle (rolled it when I wasn't paying attention), and I did have to go to work... I did end up doing all 3.1 miles and I was proud of myself, but my endurance is definitely struggling.  The good news is that my speed has actually gotten better!  I managed a sub-9 minute mile pace while running and a sub 16-minute mile pace during my walks.  My ankle handled it well and I didn't feel sore at all at work.


It is definitely time to buckle down and get back into training.  Star Wars is next month so I have 8 weeks to get ready for a challenge weekend... I'm back to telling myself that I will at least finish (I can walk it), but I still want to do better than that.  So less than 8 weeks, but I can do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment